Saturday, October 16, 2010

Story in Internal Medicine

Has been quite free for the past 2 weeks, ever since I joined Paediatric Institute, Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL), for my new and second posting as a houseman. At least for the past 2 weeks, i was able to enjoy my weekends at home, finished watching my favourite Hong Kong drama series, and restarted writing my diaries here.

I first started as a houseman in Medical posting of HKL, the 3rd largest hospital in Asia and the largest in South East Asia, where people call it a "mad house". Somemore I was in the busiest ward (ward 18) in HKL, another "mad house", which mean i was working in the "mad house of the mad house"! Accomodating 60 beds, and sometimes extension beds might add up to 100 beds in total in this single ward, with the fastest turn over rate of admissions and discharges, and working 7 days a week, it made me felt that my life was very measerable at times, i used to ask my nurses "kenape hidup ni susah ye??" (why is this life so difficult??), and they could never give me any answers, I even thought of quiting my medical life. Haha quite a stupid thought wasn't it?? Whatever it was, I went through it with all the blessings and hard works i had to give.

The day I studied for my viva in the ward, we have to pass this assessment before we could be freed from medical posting and proceed to the next posting.


relax la... have a narcistic shot first! haha... during this time I was taking care of the first class medical ward, so a bit free to do revision in the private empty room. Basically, the so-called first class in HKL with single rooms, double bedded rooms and 4 bedded rooms are equivalent to the "3rdd class" in UMMC.


night view in HKL, taken during 1 of the on calls... hoping the night will be calm and safe, staying alert, waiting the sunrise of the next day...


Thanks to everyone who helped me out when I faced difficulties,
thanks to those who forgive my mistakes and gave me a chance to prove myself that I never will repeat the same mistakes again,
thanks to those who really been sarcastic to me, so that I could improve myself better,
thanks to my patients who always have confidence in me,
thanks to my family that always understand that I was busy that I might not be calling them very often,
and also thanks to my darling who always understandable, caring, loving and do houseworks for me.

And now I left this troublesome medical posting with pride, continuing my journey in looking after children, picking up my confidence and competency every day...

小儿科啦。。。(广东)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails