Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Raya vacations

If you want to ask how busy a final year medical student can be, I think I will answer it's busy, but it's still tolerable, in my subjective way of thinking. However if we think objectively, I can tell that final year medical students only have 2 weeks duration of break for the whole 1 and a half year study, now you see how packed and tiring it is? 1 week for Hari Raya Aidilfitri and the other for Chinese New Year.

During this 1 week break, many of my coursemates went overseas, 1 group went to Bali Island, Indonesia and the other to Angkor Wat, Cambodia. Whereas for me, I chose to stay in Malaysia for spending my time with my family and her family. Both of us went to Johor Bahru from KL immediately after working.

In JB, we went to visit plenty of tourist spots...

During our bus journey to JB, we had a short supper break at the Yong Peng rest station.

at the seaside near the Singapore-Johor Causeway.

Sultan Abu Bakar Muzeum, not opened during Hari Raya...

an antique building within the compound of Sultan Abu Bakar Muzeum, few couples were shooting their wedding photos there.

JB clock tower and delicious Skudai duck feast.

JB Old Temple- of traditional vs modernization.

Malay houses at Danga Bay. (actually these are restaurants, but were closed during Raya festival)

sunset at seaside of Danga Bay.

After 3 days of short stay in JB, I followed again her family members went back to her hometown in Penang. There we also visited many places.

Penang Ferry experience, enjoyed the breeze!

Manhattan Beach at Ferringhi, Penang.

Siamese Lying Buddha Temple.

Burmese Buddhist Temple.

Botanical Garden.

Kek Lok Si Tenple

Bukit Genting Siamese cuisine, the "little Genting in Penang", ordinary food but breath-taking scenery!

As I am graduating very soon and surely there will be no much of break like this, so I always cherish the chance I have with my family and also her family, of course she also. Although I spent nearly the whole week with her family, I managed to be with my family at the last 2 days of my break, when they came to KL.

Really want to thank her for giving me such a memorable and enjoyable vacation.

3 comments:

  1. Wow,visited Johor? Should try the Pontian Ketcup Wanton Mee,Muar there also got many delicious local food,Desaru beach also quite nice. :) Next time come again must go to try lo! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ya Hwee, just visited JB la, other places still have to find chances to explore, anyway thanx for ur suggestions.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails