Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pre-CNY shopping

Happy Chap Goh Mei, the 15th day of Chinese New Year!! Though today is the last day for this Tiger New Year, the celebrations will still be going on as merry as any other day of Chinese New Year. This year, no much fun could be felt as I couldn't go back my hometown to have my mum's big meals, because I have to stay back in the university to study for my final MBBS examination. At least I still have her, and tonight we will be going to see people throwing and picking up mandarin orange in the pond (it's a chinese culture that those single people get to know other single people so that they may become couple, an event only happened during Chap Goh Mei).

Pre-CNY shopping is also an important step for the preparation of the CNY, as most people would want to have new clothes what so ever to have a NEW feeling during Chinese NEW Year. Although I don't like to spend money, I must make sure myself get some NEW stuffs before CNY. Shopping in Kuala Lumpur is one activity that I like to do, as the shopping centers created a NEW year environment and feeling that people would want to spend in joy. Lets recap the places that I went for my NEW stuffs!

My favourite "Prosperity God" at the entrance of Genting Starworld, First World Hotel.

Dragon and Phoenix (龙凤配) at the First World Hotel lobby, Genting Highlands. 31/1/10

Sungei Wang Plaza, "Spring time rhapsody", the place where we bought our clothes!

Pavillion KL, "Illuminate with prosperity and splendorous style", love the decorations so much!

Starhill Gallery, KL, also my favourite spot, but no money to shop there!! obviously... XD

Mid Valley Megamall

The Gardens Mall, Mid Valley City, quite colourful huh!

Ipoh Parade, went for a movie with my hometown friends during CNY, it had been more than 5 years the last time I stepped into this mall, a place where we shopped during high school.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails